You can’t go wrong with lemon cake. What’s more, it’s healthy and really easy to make!
150g ground almonds
Juice 2 lemons
Grated rind of 1 lemon
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Fill a small saucepan about a quarter full with boiling water and bring to a simmer over a low heat.
- Put a heatproof bowl on top, make sure it isn’t touching the water and that no steam can escape up the side of the bowl.
- Add the butter to the bowl and let it melt, stirring regularly so it melts evenly.
- Transfer the butter to a large bowl and add the lemon juice, lemon rind and coconut sugar. Mix well.
- Add the baking powder and the ground almonds. Then add the egg. Mix well.
- Transfer to a loaf tin lined with parchment paper and bake in a preheated oven for 40 mins.