In this three-part series, one of our personal trainers and experts in nutrition, Amy Mercado, is sharing her knowledge of tried and tested methods to help look and feel your best this Christmas. Earlier this month, Amy shared the importance of a proper diet for healthy weight loss and exercise suggestions to burn fat and keep it off. In the last of our three-part series, Amy gives just a three more tips that can really set you up for healthy weight loss and getting results.
- Sleep is one of the biggest factors in fat loss that is hugely overlooked. A lack of sleep leaves you hungry and increases appetite. It can decrease your levels of self-control which can lead to binging. Stop using mobile phones and watching television at least 1-2 hours before bed to help improve your sleep quality throughout the night.
- Walking outdoors is fantastic for the body and soul, or a steady incline walking on a treadmill is another great low intensity key approach.
- Supplement your diet with probiotics and vitamins to aid digestion and overall wellbeing. Key vitamins I usually recommend include B complex, Vitamin C, Iron and an overall multi vitamin. Invest in good brands that do not use fillers to bulk them out. My favourite brand currently is Terranova, available in most health stores and online.
- Do not use the scales to monitor your results. The scales can fluctuate particularly for women throughout their menstrual cycle. This can, of course, be disheartening. Instead, take photos and then use them as a tracking record.
- Make time for yourself and be patient!
The key to success
The tips that we have provided over this series is are not exhaustive. The key is doing what works for you. We are all unique with different life situations. Being consistent will guarantee your results rather than 5 minute fad diets and exercise routines. You will have bad days. But brush yourself down and pick up where you left off. A little progress each day adds up to big results.
This blog has been lovingly written by one of our specialist Service Providers Amy Mercado. Amy is a fully qualified yoga teacher, fitness instructor, personal trainer and nutrition consultant. She has been working in the industry for over 12 years and has a real passion to help people thrive in their health and wellbeing! To connect with Amy, follow her on Instagram: @ammieelou_pt and Facebook: Amy Personal Trainer Mercado.