The subject of mental health can be a difficult one to broach but with around 1 in 4 people in the UK experiencing problems, it’s clear we need to address the issue. Mental health problems are all too common in the workplace too. By opening the conversation around mental health, we can challenge the stigma that traditionally surrounds it and create a positive culture around mental health in the workplace.
This introductory level workshop is designed to raise awareness of mental health in the workplace so employees feel more supported, and able to support others.
What you’ll learn
In this workshop you will gain an understanding of what mental health is along with coping strategies and how to support colleagues. You’ll cover:
- Common mental health issues
- What are the symptoms?
- Handling conversations around mental health
- Spotting signs of distress
- Looking after your own mental health and wellbeing
- Supporting others who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- Coping mechanisms