It’s not always easy to spot the signs of mental health problems at work and having conversations about it can be even more difficult. With poor mental health being the main cause for absence from work, it’s clear we need to put support mechanisms in place. By training managers to understand mental health issues that may arise, they can provide that much needed support for their team members.
This workshop aims to raise awareness of mental health in the workplace at manager level. By increasing their knowledge, skills and confidence in dealing with mental health issues, managers will become better equipped to support their team.
What you’ll learn
In this workshop you will gain an understanding of what mental health is, how to spot the signs and symptoms and how to support your team. You’ll cover:
- Why mental health is a priority in the workplace
- Common mental health issues
- Spotting signs of distress
- Handling conversations around mental health
- Supporting others who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- Creating a positive working environment that encourages good mental health
- Signposting for further help