Around 1 in 4 people in the UK experience mental health problems. It’s not always easy to talk about it, particularly at work or with colleagues. But with stress, anxiety and depression being the biggest cause of sickness absence in the UK, the workplace is a great place to start addressing these issues. Having people that are trained in mental health first aid and able to respond to someone experiencing a mental health problem is essential for any workplace.
Mental health first aid is a one or two day certificated course that increases knowledge and confidence, enabling delegates to provide first aid and support for people experiencing a mental health problem. All our instructors are all Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England approved trainers.
MHFA England are the only provider of licensed Mental Health First Aid Instructor Training in England. The programme is accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
What you’ll learn
This course gives people the knowledge and confidence to recognise mental health problems, respond helpfully and support the person’s recovery. You’ll learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a problem
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
- Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
- Help someone recover faster