Mindfulness is the practice of focusing your attention in the present moment. By acknowledging and accepting your thoughts, feelings and physical sensations, you develop an awareness that can help you to regulate emotions and responses. By practising mindfulness and work, and regularly, we’re better able to deal with difficult situations. This helps increase resilience and wellbeing and reduce stress, anxiety and depression.
Based on the nationally recognised, evidence based mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) course by Jon Kabat-Zinn, these mindfulness at work sessions have been developed to help employees manage stress and develop a calm, confident and resilient response to any situation.
What you’ll learn
Combining group practice, personal home practice, workbooks and online audio files, you’ll learn:
- Breathing and self-awareness
- Stressors and the stress response
- Developing a non-judgmental beginner’s mind
- Simple everyday mindfulness breathing practices
- Thoughts, feelings and resilience
- Breaking negative thinking patterns and habits
- Visualising strength, stability and success
- Compassion for self and others